lately.

DSC_0170

Hi dudes. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! I’ve been having a hot time in Australia-lata taking photos and meeting and greeting and shtuff. I got this super cool AMAZING WAH magazine called YEN: Grimes is on the cover wearing Jeremy Scott (WHAT A BABE) and it comes with a Beth Hoeckel poster and a CD so PARRDDDYYYY. My uncle also got me this mexican-style headband with magenta, cyan and neon detailing and a utterly kitsch blue dip-dyed kind of crochet crop top from a yard sale- with some golden glitter jelly sandals from a market. I can’t wait to go back and ransack the charity stores >:)  I will do a proper hoard of presents type post, but for now all I will say is that we didn’t really do presents as a family, but I got afew stocking gifts like sweeties, posters, CDs and stuff like that. I did get one dress from my mum though: it has bananas on it and large monochrome polka dots all around. From my relatives I got the book Closer by The Sartorialist, some perfumes, a book on photography, a mini pink sewing machine and this navy blue sweater with a pussy cat in the middle, surrounded by a pink frilly pattern. I can’t wear it here, but I am excited to wear it when I get back. Also, here are some photos of my diary lately, and it is the most colourful ever lol. Probably because I like the smell of the pens aha. I have lots of cute polaroids to show, so many photos from my Nikon and can’t wait to get my Diana F+ film and old canon film from the shoot printed, but I won’t post them until they’ve been scanned so here are just some photos of everything. It has been too busy to post outfits, but generally I have been wearing beach frocks and skirts. I am dreading having to go around all of the houses (which we’ve stayed in) and trying to find all my crap, but until then here are some things.

DSC_0171 DSC_0174 DSC_0170 DSC_0169 DSC_0168 DSC_0166 DSC_0165 DSC_0164DSC_0175 DSC_0177 DSC_0178

Comments
8 Responses to “lately.”
  1. Hope your having a lovely time! I’m obsessed with your photography, as it’s simply amazing! So will look forward to your photo’s being posted!
    Grace X

2. Akosua says:

Congrats on you Company magazine super blogger feature! :)

3. Chloe says:

Hey Opelia :P Just out of interest, what do you think of Paloma Faith’s style? Do you like her kookiness? :D

4. sasha says:

hey just discovered this heavenly place my name is Sasha and i live in australia if you like yen magazine you will also like Frankie magazine… you should check it. i feel as though i can relate to you? hah i have so much to say I’m still finding my way… your name is beautiful and your blog is rad. i shall send you an email sometime
    keep your cool
    sasha x

5. mayathapapaya says:

gott a get yen gotta get yen gotta get yen

6. Emily says:

Hi! My names Emily and I’m from aus! I have just read dolly magazine and I saw your piece in it and I’m really interested in following your blog! I’ll keep watching it! It’s so awesome what your doing and the cool thing is (it’s normal! So many other teenage girls do it too!)! Keep up the cool work! It’s really inspiring :D I love style that’s different! I often disagree with my mum on style because she says “No you should wear white shoes with that!” and I just say “Mum it’s bold and different! Chill!” haha! Looking forward to reading :) xx

7. Carla says:

Australia! Hurrah! That’s where I live. I love yen and got very excited when I saw grimes on the cover, she is super duper cool and the kept wishing the interview was longer.
    carla