sTUFFSIES.

DSC04395

All of the below is me being mildly depressing and telling you all this stuff about stuff and yeah. So if you just want me to shut up and show you the photos, ignore the bold and scroll down :D

heyElLo

[ So I kind of tried to do a photo-shoot with my friend Rocio the other day (well it was actually yesterday, but whatever.) It was mostly inspired by Petra Collins and I think I've been focusing more on photography lately, as a pose to fashion really. I {aussi-also} REALLY REALLY REALLLY want some new cameras. My digital one is really crapish for proper photos. I am coveting a diana F+ clone, but now we have things like instagram everyone's telling me I shouldn't, but I don't actually care. I kind of need one of those proper SLR ones as well, just for good measure. I also really want a polaroid, even though everyone in my family seems to be against it and all annoying and jhdfgsjhasklUGH like: 'yeah, but you have to pay for film and the photos aren't good quality' Do I actually care? It's supposed to be "bad quality", that's the whole fridgin' point. And if I want to pay £120 to get a polaroid camera then that is what I'll do.

I am really annoyed at London at the moment, just for being so crappy. I swear in America everything is just better. I'm still trying to figure out how Petra's photos are so dreamy and fuzzy and that effect and everything. And I am still annoyed that in London I swear they don't have the same sort of cool settings they have in America. And why in America there are just doe-eyed models everywhere ready to be snapped away at by Petra? I think I always in-vision (is that a word?) My photo-shoots to be all amazing and awesome like Petra's, but then they never seem like proper photo-shoots like hers and their really annoying and un-professional. Maybe it's the settings, maybe the lack of actual models, lack of good cameras, or lack of good layout on my blog (i.e not in that way on Rookie or something where you click through instead of scrolling down or peering into some tiny screen.) Maybe I just expect too much of myself. Or maybe London just SUCKS. Anyway, on that very positive note...

Here is a photo-shoot I shot yesterday of my friend Rocio. It turned out very good. We were supposed to be using a disposable camera, because apparently they look vaguely like polaroid shots or something, but stupid London doesn't have any, as we discovered. Yeah so that's it pretty much. Sorry for being so ploppy and crappy. Anyway...enjoy...P.S I don't know what the theme is...it was supposed to be school girls, then it went kind of punk and then it went sort of virgin suicides. I don't know. You decide. ]

^All of the above is me being mildly depressing and telling you all this stuff about stuff and yeah. So if you just want me to shut up and show you the photos, ignore the bold and scroll down :D

me by Rocio

Me by Rocio

Me by Rocio

Me by Rocio

Me by rOCIO

Me By Rocio

I would say what she/we’re wearing, but I don’t actually know- it’s a mixture of our clothes. All photos taken by me except the ones with the: ‘Me by Rocio’ caption on it. Most photos edited a little on iPhoto by me. Styling, by both of us. And yeah that’s it. Using a Sony Cyber-shot ¬†digital camera. And yeah. Hope you guys are having a wonderful holiday! If you wanna know what I’ve been up to, you should just follow me on twitter!

P.S SOMEONE GET ME A POLAROID BEFORE I DIE.

Comments
25 Responses to “sTUFFSIES.”
  1. theo says:

im beautiful :D

2. Rachel says:

Hello Ophelia, I’ve been a reader here for quite some time, and most of the time the aesthetics of your blog don’t disappoint, and have been rather a delight for the visuals. In response to your heavy-toned introduction, I daresay you need not be so disheartened at not having discovered inspiration in your hometown -I believe beauty, beauty which touches you as a creative individual, is inherent in any environment, and if it can’t be found outside you can always create your own; and judging from the absolute beauty of the photographs you took you have succeeded in stitching up that universe in which you feel empowered creatively. Take your time; London is rich historically and culturally, I’m sure you would find something close to your heart in your home one day.

Perhaps you would do something that is removed from the overwhelming presence of Rookie, I’m just curious. (I’m a fan of Rookie myself.)

Love!

• thanks so much. What a heartfelt comment. I tend to get a bit pooed-out sometimes with the perfectness of everything in the ROOKIE world of beautiful people! Well, you are very right, London is so cool too! Thanks xx Ophelia

3. Ginny says:

Great photoshoot u an theo both look awesome

4. Amaya says:

I’ve been following your blog for a long time now. :)
    Also, I’ve from the Philippines but I’ve been to America several times. It is not America that is dreamy, it is dreamy people making a normal place like America dreamy. Beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder.
    On another note, I AM OBSESSED with Japan. I used to think that the Philippines sucked compared to Japan. But this is my country and I’ve found it, over time, to be immensely beautiful. I still love love Japan, but I love the Philippines even more.
    I agree with Rachel as well. The Rookie presence is so strong in your blog. While I love love Rookie, I’d be thrilled to see photos from you that don’t scream Petra Collins or posts about beautiful London.
    You’ve got your own style, girl. Give us some of that!

• you are so right. What nice people we have here! I know ROOKIE and Tavi and Petra are such a big aspects of my blog. Its hard to see your photos and call them cool or awesome or even like them or anything after seeing the american dreamy rookie style photos. I guess it’s something I have to grow into as I explore photography, I am rather a victim of obssesively copying my idols and not developing my own style- I guess its a weakness! But I totally get your drift (lool who says that?)

Thanks so much, Ophelia xx

5. wow! the comments here are long (sorry i’m bored)

6. Katia says:

Your sooo inspiring, :)

7. hannah says:

hey my name is hannah i know it might sound a bit creepy, but i have been looking at ur blog for quite a while, and i luuurvvv it! i wish i could make a blog like u, how d u do it! i find u REALLY inspiering to, i hope u will help me make my blog!

• That is so sweet thankyou, but as you probably have noticed I really don’t have the time to help people make blogs :( I’m really sorry, but I get lots of emails in and it makes me very sad to not be able to answer everyone! Best of luck though! xx <3 <3

8. hannah says:

hey could u do a vidio on hairstyles because iv noticed in most of ur pics ur hair is really nice!?

9. hannah says:

could u plllzzz!

10. hannah says:

thanks now i can get some tips because i never really know what to do with my hair… as yours is allways lookin so NICE!

11. lay says: